I am not very good at New Year resolutions. I don’t think I’ve even made that many during my lifetime. This year I am not going to make resolutions, but I do think I am going to create some standards. This year I am going to try and do/remember all of the following:
1. I am going to work on my emotional development. I have spent much of my life in unhealthy, emotional romantic entanglements. I am going to try and avoid said entanglements and really learn why/how I keep repeating the same pattern.
2. I am going to work on speaking my truth. For so many years, I have thought things or felt things and kept them to myself because I feared what others would think about me. I am not talking about those judgmental things I think/feel about people. These truths of which I speak are the ones which are personal to me. These are the times that I feel I want to be heard. I want to actually work on speaking them aloud despite what I fear others will think.
3. I am going to work on loving myself. I am so good at loving others. There is a large part of me that can turn myself inside out for another just so he/she will love me. I am not against my actions that make others feel loved, but I am going to love myself first so that when I do these things for others, I will know it is for the right reasons.
Practical things to accomplish during this new year (but they sound like resolutions):
1. Moving on and moving out of my current living situation.
2. Staying physically/mentally healthy.
3. Writing more.
I hope all is well with all of you and that you also have a happy and healthy new year.